Monday 16 November 2020

Vera Lane Studio: Spring is in the Air

 

Hello!

Today is my DT day at Vera Lane Studio and I am using the set released last week called Winter to Spring. Last time I featured Winter, so this week it is the turn of Spring.

Spring is such a delightful little girl. I coloured her with Copic markers and Polychromo pencils and gave her a few white Posca paint pen highlights. The tree and sentiment also come in the set.

The background was made with one of Janet's stencils from AALL & Create, #95 Sunrise. Distress Oxides (Twisted Citron, Cracked Pistachio, Fossilised Amber and Scattered Straw) were applied directly to the stencil, spritzed with water and stamped down onto the card, letting it sit a while and pressing with a paper towel. I love the effect this gives. I added some tone on tone stamping using Janet's #338 Background Noise stamp set and then added black stamping to the edges to frame the piece. I used part of the Knobly Bobbly stamp set by Autour de Mwa and the lovely doodle line border is from Tracy Evans #44 stamp set.

My Spring tree and girl were fussy cut and placed on top of torn washi tape #6 Crafty.




All stamps and stencils are from AALL & Create. Stockists can be found here.

That's all for now.
I hope you'll come along and play on Vera Lane. It's such a friendly, fun place to be!

I'd like to play along in these challenges:



I'd like to play along in these challenges:

Crafty Catz #527 AG/Outdoor 19/11
Di's Digi Designs Use a Digi 21/11
Creative Fingers #197 AG 27/11
Papercraft Challenges #64 Self-made Background 14/12

9 comments:

  1. Hi Carole this is a stunning card it is so bright and cheerful. I think Spring is may favourite season. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card! I love your background! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. I hope join us again real soon!
    Hugs, Joy
    JoyWilsonInk
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Owner and Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely stencils on your background and fab colours, thank you for sharing at Crafty Catz challenge
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet card. I love your color choices and the little girl is really cute.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Carole, love your backgrounds, never fail to please, love this sweet image too and coloured beautifully..
    Thank you so much for joining in with us at 613 Avenue Create..hope you will play along again..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweetcard! Thank for playing with us at Di's Digi challenge this week.
    Nathalie DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous make and thanks for joining in at Crafty catz this week good luck

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute is this! Love the funny image! Thanks for joining us at Papercraft Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful creation. Thank you for sharing at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. Hope to see you again!
    Merja DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.