Wednesday 27 January 2021

AALL & Create: My Happy Place Mini Book


Hello!

I hope everyone is keeping fit and well as we come towards the end of January.

Today I am sharing my project as GDT for AALL & Create.

I made a mini book and used bright, citrus colours and Janet Klein's cuties stamps to cheer myself up.

Here is the front and back cover. I decided to feature characters at home, as that is where most of us are spending our time these days. Home, for me, is my happy place. I love being at home and in the garden.  I am ready for a bit of a change though now....


My front cover features Coffee Time and Felines ... hey - this could be me and our Casey! The back cover is a cutie called Moonlight sitting on the floor - looking at her pose, maybe she is doing Pilates or Yoga, or maybe she is just reading a good novel.

The first four accordion pages are next:


We have The Gardener who looks so happy, resplendent in her wellies, pottering around, planting seeds and shrubs and digging out the weeds. She is followed by Wing It who is feeding the birds and enjoying the nature in the garden.

Pages 5 to 8 also form an accordion:


Warm and Cosy has her coat on while she plays outdoors with her dog. And finally Sugar Cookies is cooking up a storm in the kitchen, learning new skills and baking delicious cakes and pies.

Here are close ups of the pages:
(I apologise for the lighting - today was very dull and rainy and I needed extra lights to take semi-decent photos - the glare is causing the washi tape and pencils to blur a little)







Here is how I worked on the book:

1. Smooshed, dipped and dabbed Distress Oxides for colour on the card.
2. Heat embossing in white of the Newsprint Numbers stamp.
***
3. Background stamping with oxides and some Background Noise stamps. 
4. Card edges inked in black with some black Background Noise stamping.
***
5. Janet Klein's cuties were stamped in Memento ink onto smooth card.
6. Coloured with Copic markers and Polychromo pencils.
7. Images were fussy cut and adhered to the backgrounds along with sentiments.
***


 8. The backgrounds were adhered to the mini book base.
I'm not sure what this type of book is called - I'm settling for a double accordion.

Stamps Used:
#338 Background Noise
#354 Bunny and Bunnies
#361 Oh Boy
#409 Home
#410 Nana's Kitchen
#415 Good Book
#416 Be Beautiful
#417 Coffee Time
#419 Moonlight
#421 Sugar Cookies
#424 The Gardener
#426 Warm and Cosy
#427 Wing It
(all above stamps are by Janet Klein)
#434 Newsprint Numbers by Olga Heldwein

Washi Tape #6 by Autour de Mwa

To see the stamps, stencils, dies and washi tapes used, please visit
A list of stockists can be found here.

You'll find lots of inspiration on the 

That's all for now.
Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo

I'd like to play along in these challenges:

613 Avenue Create Jan AG (2) 31/01
Penny's Challenges #488 AG 03/02
Scrapping4Fun Challenges #184 AG 04/02
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends #149 (1) AG 06/02
613 Avenue Create Jan AG 06/02 TOP ROCKER



12 comments:

  1. Hi Carole this is absolutely stunning. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic make ité gorgeous Carole

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. C'est génial!!!! et ça me donne une idée pour réaliser une présentation de dessins avec mes petits élèves ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bright, beautiful and inspiring 😍

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a masterpiece. I love this and the story you have told with it. The backgrounds are gorgeous and your little people so cute.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  6. fabulous creation amazing backgrounds Thanks for sharing at 613 Avenue Create xx Please join us again.
    https://wwwkraftyjean.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Carole, a stunning project, love all the pages you have created from the smooshed backgrounds to the little characters, Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, good luck in the prize draw.. Megan DT LPoCF

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful project.

    Thanks for sharing it with us at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge Blog.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely! Thank you for joining our Penny's Challenges! Hope to see you again.
    Hugs, Maria (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning work, Thank you for Joining us at Scrapping4funChallenge and waiting to see next time. 


    Hugs 

    Meena S4F DT


    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my word, Carole, this is absolutely stunningly delicious! In addition to a fab mini book, it also makes an awesome fun fold card and double accordion describes it perfectly! It very much reminds me of a star card, though, so I'd call it double accordian star fold, but that's just me. :-) I want badly to use it to make my honey's card, so if I get it made I will DEFINITELY credit you to the moon and back. Just amazeballs and as usual, you have documented it all perfectly. XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my Goodness! Love love Love this card!
    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.