Monday 25 January 2021

Vera Lane Studio: Parrot Love


 Hello!


Firstly, let me welcome my newest follower, Sylvie. I am really thrilled and humbled that you like my style enough to follow my blog! :)

Here comes another Monday and along with it my DT day at Vera Lane Studio.

Fans of Vera Lane Studio digis hang out in a private Facebook Group, run by the artist, Janet Klein, which you are invited to join.

Today I am using a set that was released a couple of months ago called Parrot Love. This quirky little girl has a hairstyle based on her pet parrot. I love the sentiment that goes with this super 6 digi bundle.

I coloured the images with Copic markers and finished them with a touch of Polychromo pencils and Posca pen highlights. The background is one of Janets AALL & Create stencils called #117 Petals and Pods. I inked the back of it with Distress Oxides, spritzed with water and stamped it onto white card. I then spritzed the card with a little more water to make the colour spread out. I did this a couple of times until I was happy. I added some stamping using Janet's AALL & Create stamps, #338 Background Noise and #404 Visual Ingredients. I finished by adding the sentiment, inking the edges of the background and adding a hand drawn border.



That's all for now.
I hope you'll come along and play on Vera Lane. It's such a friendly, fun place to be!
xoxo

I'd like to play along in these challenges:

Crafty Calendar Jan Make It Cute 28/01
Corrosive Challenges Jan AG 31/01
A Place to Start #1 AG (7) 31/01 
613 Avenue Create Jan AG 31/01 
Lets Create and Craft #167 AG 31/01
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends #149 (1) AG 31/01

10 comments:

  1. Hi Carole this is a gorgeous bright cheerful card. I love it. Have a good week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carole
    Love your card ...the colours you have used are fabulous ....
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant design Carole, I love the sentiment too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very glad you joined us this week at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge Blog. I hope you had a fantastic time!!! See you back very soon to play in another amazing challenge. :)

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful, Carole! I love your coloring on the digis, the sentiment is lovely and your background stunning, as always.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merci de ton acceuil !

    Cette carte perroquet est trop belle, j'adore ♥

    Sylvie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, I love the image it's so cute. Thanks for joining in our 'Make it Cute' challenge over at Crafty Calendar.
    Hugs
    Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You and the Vera Wang images are a match made in craft heaven. I love the coloring and those amazing backgrounds, which are a lot harder to create than people may realize! Thanks for sharing another lovely project at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another wonderful background and an adorable image! Thanks for a fabulous entry into our challenge at A Place To Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.