Monday 4 January 2021

Path of Positivity: Keep Moving Forward


Hello!

Happy Monday and Happy New Year!
I hope you had a wonderful Holiday and are staying safe and well.

Today is the start of a new Path of Positivity challenge.
The challenge lasts for the month of January.

This month the theme is Anything Goes with the optional twist of 
Look for the Positive.

Prizes this month include:
  • 3 digital images from SheepSki Designs our guest sponsor for this month, for a person chosen in a random draw based on all qualifying entrants. 
  • ONE image (value of $5 or less) from Scribbles Designs, for the post or project that the team deems most inspiring of the bunch based on all qualifying entrants.
  • One digital image from Creative Bug Digital SnapShots for each person chosen as a DT Delight.

Our optional theme this month is Look for the Positive
2020 was quite the year, wasn't it? For many it was a hard year and very difficult to stay positive all the time. When things are at their worst, though, that is the time when we need to be more positive. We are starting this year by asking you to create a project where you look for the positive. This could include goals, strategies, motivational posters/cards/wall hangings, journals, calendars, cards to inspire others to stay positive ... in fact, anything about how we might look forward to a positive future in 2021.

Please remember in order to be eligible for the prizes your project must be positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some way. 

My plan for this year is to 
keep moving forward, 
and I mean this in more ways than one.

* Yes, I do want to physically move more this year. The lockdown has played havoc with my exercise schedule (and weight) in 2020. The gym was closed from March, it opened for a few weeks at a time, but not for classes (which is why I have my gym membership) and I was not motivated enough to keep exercising on my own.
* I want to move forward with learning new things. I am really thankful that the pandemic brought about more online art workshops. They are much more affordable than person to person workshops and so I attended quite a few. I loved all of them, and plan to continue my arty journey this way.
* Last year, in many, many ways, was awful - no doubt about it. We have to draw a line under it and start afresh. The same with relationships - if someone has upset or hurt you, forgive them and move on. There is no point in keep looking backwards over what has happened - I'd much rather look forward to a brighter, happier future.

Here are some of my favourite motivational quotes about 'moving on':

 




 I chose to use a wonderful gnome stamp from SheepSki Designs called Walkies. Here is the card I made:


I used Copic markers and Polychromo pencils to colour the image, then used a stitched rectangle die to cut it out.. The background was lightly inked with Distress Oxides and splattered with water to bleach out some of the colour. A Tim Holtz Small Talk sticker was used as the sentiment. The image was popped onto some teal card.

Many thanks to SheepSki Designs this month's guest sponsor,

and to Scribbles Designs as the ongoing sponsor of the challenge


We would love to see your creations! 
Just make sure that your entry is positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some way!
The link up is here: Challenge #87 Path of Positivity.

 

That's all for today! 

I'll be back with a another Path of Positivity project in  a couple of weeks time.

Thanks for stopping by today!
xoxo
                                                                                                                                            
I'd like to play along in these challenges:

I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Hi Carole this is a stunning card. That gnome is so cute. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is too cute, Carole! Thank you too for those lovely quotes.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your coloring and a the sentiment you have added, perfect together. Thank you for joining us at SheepSki designs Anything Goes challenge. I hope to see you again in our new challenge that starts tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.