Monday 4 January 2021

Vera Lane Studio: Birthday Girl


Hello!

Happy New Year and Happy Monday!

Today is my DT day at Vera Lane Studio and it is the first new release day of 2021. Janet Klein has some fabulous new, quirky characters to introduce to you this year and I can't wait to share them.

Here is Birthday Girl:


I coloured the images then fussy cut them. I added wink of Stella to Birthday Girl's petal eyelashes and cotton thread to the balloons. The background is a heat embossed AALL & Create background stamp called #443 Scripted Circles. I blended Rusty Hinge and Fossilised Amber over the white embossing . Some water drops bleached out a little colour and I also splattered some white paint.
I tore some washi tape to ground my images, adhered them in place, along with one of the sentiments from the set, and lightly inked the edges in black.



That's all for now.
I hope you'll come along and play on Vera Lane. It's such a friendly, fun place to be!
xoxo

I'd like to play along in these challenges:

Pammies Inky Pinkies #2101 AG 10/01
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends #149 AG 16/01
MMM Challenge #139 Something New from Stash 17/01
(new digi stamp released today)
Angies Digital Stamps #48 AG 29/01
A Place to Start #1 AG 31/01
613 Avenue Create Jan AG 31/01 Top Rocker
Dare 2b Artzy Jan AG 31/01
Stamping Sensations Jan Favourite Stamps 31/01
(Digi stamp favourite - VLS
Physical stamp - AALL & Create)


12 comments:

  1. Hi Carole this is a stunning card. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable image and card! Thank you for sharing with us at The PIP Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card. Beautiful background.
    Thank you for joining at stamping sensations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Carole!
    Your card is lovely. I love the strong, orange colors and the little girl is beautifully colored. Gorgeous background as always.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a Cutie! She looks absolutely perfect against that inky background.
    Thanks for sharing with our 'Favourite Stamps' challenge at Stamping Sensations
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful design, so bright. Thank you for joining us at LPCF good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful project, so colourful. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday, Caz.DT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love this background & that image lol love it!

    Thank you for sharing with us at 'Angie's Digital Stamps' this month
    Stay safe
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carole: Oh, this is so wacky adorable! Too cute! Loving the bright colors on a dreary wintery day where I am. So thanks for linking to A Place To Start challenge blog this month! --Becca/DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super, Super-duper, project, Carole! Thanks for another fun and well designed submission to our challenge at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ditto, my above comment! Thanks so much for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! You were chosen as a Rising Star for the week of January 4th-9th at A Place To Start! Please stop by our blog and grab your badge. We hope you will join us in our February Sketch Challenge!

    The Resident Design Team

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.