Saturday 24 April 2021

* AALL & Create: Harvest Mice

 

Hello

Welcome to Pat Crossland - thanks, Pat for becoming a follower of my blog!

I have a project to share today which is my GDT project for this week at AALL & Create.

I made a journal page featuring the fruits from stamp set #450 Basic Fruits by Bipasha BK and the mice from #466 Quirky Friends by Tracy Evans.


The background was coloured with Distress Oxides by smooshing, dipping and dabbing, then when dry, stamping was added in the same colours to give a subtle look. The bold words made from snippets of alphabet are from the Quirky Friends set.

I added some grit paste through a stencil for some texture, spattered some white paint and added black stamping as a border. The lovely script and numbers are all parts of Bipasha's style - she adds hidden quotes around her images which are always fun to find.

My little love-struck mouse, alongside one of the sentiments from Background Voices which states; 'seek the road to happiness':

The suitor mouse offering a flower to his sweetheart. He is grounded on washi tape:

The pear, coated with Glossy Accents, with a hidden quote 'Pears cannot ripen alone'.

The apples are also coated with Glossy Accents. The hidden quote is partly covered by my mouse - it says 'an apple a day keeps anyone away ... if you throw it hard enough'.  The black sentiment is a Tim Holtz sticker sentiment:

Work in Progress:

1. Stamp the fruits and mice and colour.
 I used watercolours along with Inktense Pencils with a a water-brush.

2. Stamp directly onto card and add colour to the background. I firstly smooshed, dipped and dabbed in Antique Linen and Old Paper Distress Oxides, then stamped in the same colours using Scripted Diamonds and Reverse Diamonds. 

3. Add some Grit Paste through the Lotza Dotz stencil and add Reverse Diamonds in black around the edges. Add white paint splatters.

4. Fussy cut the images, add Glossy Accents to the fruits for shine and dimension.

5. Attach the images to the background.
I decided to mat my page ... it will still fit into my large Dylusions art journal and, quite by chance, would also fit into a photo frame that I have lying around.

Stamps used:
#450 Basic Fruits
#457 Background Voices
#466 Quirky Friends
#470 Scripted Diamonds
#484 Reverse Diamonds
Stencil: #39 Lotza Dotz
Washi Tape: #13 Fasteners

To see the stamps, stencils, dies and washi tapes used, please visit
A list of stockists can be found here.

You'll find lots of inspiration on the 


That's all for now.
Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo

I'd like to play along in these challenges:

Crafty Catz #548 AG/Creatures Great & Small 29/04 
Dare 2b Artzy April Bright Colours 30/04
Crafty Creations #420 AG 03/05
More Mixed Media April AG 03/05

6 comments:

  1. Hi Carole this journal page is gorgeous I love it. Have a lovely weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous journal page and stamps great colouring too
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great journal page, love the mice and they are perfect with the fruit, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog Carole.....Pat Crossland

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.