Today I am sharing my project for AALL & Create.
I made a bright and cheerful card:
The card features two stamp sets from Tracy Evans as focal points, Through the Meadow and Quirky Friends. The background uses the Lotza Dotz stencil along with Scripted Diamonds and Reverse Diamonds. Bipasha's gorgeous washi tape grounds the mouse.
My little mouse stands on #13 Fasteners washi tape with its rich brown and tan colours and secret text, and he is offering a glossy heart.
The circles from the Through the Meadow butterfly stamp were stamped three times. Two of the stamps were cut up to give circles to add as dimensional pieces. These were coloured with Inktense watercolour pencils.
The background was stamped in parts with Oxides smooshed onto the Lotza Dotz stencil. The same Oxides were used to stamp the Scripted Diamonds. I stamped Reverse Diamonds in black around the edges.
Work in Progress
1. Colouring circles and Butterfly with Inktense pencils. The butterfly was clear embossed to make it a little sturdier as it will be shaped and adhered just at he centre.
2. Adding the stencilled background using Fired Brick and Fossilised Amber Distress Oxides.
3. I used the small circle and splatter stamp from Heart Grunge to add a little extra design around the main butterfly stamp. Next I added tone on tone background stamping with Scripted Diamonds and black Reverse Diamonds around the edges.
4. Colouring the mouse with Copic markers.
5. Everything was adhered in place with some of the circles being raised on foam tape. Black thread was added beneath the butterfly. The mouse was popped on washi tape for grounding and a tiny heart from the Heart Grunge stamp was coloured and added with Glossy Accents for shine and dimension.
The edge of he background was inked with Fired Brick and then Black ink. The words Love and Friendship were stamped and matted onto black card.
#449 Through the Meadow
# 453 Heart Grunge
# 466 Quirky Friends
# 470 Scripted Diamonds
#484 Reverse Diamonds
Stencil used: #39 Lotza Dotz
Washi used: #13 Fasteners
To see the stamps, stencils, dies and washi tapes used, please visit
A list of stockists can be found here.
You'll find lots of inspiration on the
That's all for now.
Thanks for stopping by today.
I'd like to play along in these challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Layer It 12/04 Designer Spotlight
Incy Wincy Borders/Bright Colours 18/04
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends #155 AG 18/04
Hand Stamped Sentiments #361 19/04
Butterfly & butterfly colours were my inspiration
Aud Sentiments #272 AG 20/04
We Love 2 Create #4 AG Mixed media 22/04
Unicorn Challenge #64 Animal 30/04
Dragonfly Dreams April: Feature A Creature 30/04