Monday 5 April 2021

* VERA LANE STUDIO: Jardin

 

Hello

Happy Easter Monday to all those who celebrate!
The weather here has been gorgeous for the last few days and I have been enjoying tidying up my garden,  Suddenly, though, the temperatures have dropped, as Arctic winds blow in from the North. Snow is expected and below freezing temperatures tonight. My poor little plants!

Today is a new release day at Vera Lane Studio. Janet has created this quirky little gardener in her wellies and pinafore, tending to her plants. She must be French because the set is called 'Jardin'.

Here is my make:

This lovely set has loads of digis. There are two girls, one with a pre-coloured, patterned hat headband and two sets of gardening gloves, one set is pre coloured. It also has the ground with seedlings , two packets of seeds and a sentiment. I wasn't taking much notice when I printed and I printed my girl in black and white, even though she is the one with the coloured headband.. I coloured the images with Copics and fussy cut them. I love the girl's wonky smile!
The background was created with Janet's Sunrise stencil from AALL & Create. I applied Distress Oxides onto the stencil, sort of painting sections with colours, then spritzed it with water. Next I stamped the stencil onto card, leaving it for a few moments to let the ink soak in. The result is always amazing and there is always enough ink left for a second print which is usually more muted and abstract, and often my favourite of the two.
I added some stamping using one of the stamps from Janet's Visual Elements. 
I used #16 Burlap Black washi tape to ground my image and found a spare flower from last week's VLS project on my table, so I added that to the row of seedlings.
Paint splatters and a hand doodled border along with the sentiment finish off the card.




That's all for now.
I hope you'll come along and play on Vera Lane. It's such a friendly, fun place to be!


  

Here's all the info you need:
AALL & Create carry Janet's clear stamp sets, stencils and Washi Tape. 
A list of stockists can be found here.

Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo

I'd like to play along in these challenges:
MMM Challenge #145 Easter/spring 11/04
Crafting Happiness  #91 Sunshine/AG 12/04
Pammies Inky Pinkies #2114 AG 12/04
Dream Valley #245 Springtime 17/04
NBUS #25 AG 30/04




7 comments:

  1. Hi Carole this is a stunning card. We had a lovely day in the garden yesterday. It is much colder today. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing card, Carole. I love this quirky design. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card, Carole! The little girl is so cute and your background lovely!
    She could also be Spanish - jardín is also Spanish for garden.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  4. you did a really good job at coloring this card and makes me really happy to think spring is just around the corner. thank you for joining us at MMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable images and card! Thank you for sharing with us at The PIP Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always fun to visit and see your awesome creations. Thanks for joining the fun at Crafting Happiness Challenges.
    :) Janis, Owner & Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely fun creation. You have shown off the image beautifully. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.