Monday 5 April 2021

* Path of Positivity: Spring Has Sprung

 

 Hello!

Today is the start of a new Path of Positivity challenge.
The challenge lasts for the month of April.

This month the theme is Anything Goes with the optional twist of 
Make me Smile/Laugh.

Prizes this month include:
  • TWO digital images from Hetty Clare our guest sponsor for this month, for a person chosen in a random draw based on all qualifying entrants. 
  • ONE image (value of $5 or less) from Scribbles Designs, for the post or project that the team deems most inspiring of the bunch based on all qualifying entrants.
  • One digital image from Creative Bug Digital SnapShots for each person chosen as a DT Delight.

Our optional theme this month is Share A Smile/Laugh.
So, this month we want you to create a project that makes you smile or laugh.
What brings a smile to your face or makes you laugh? How do you share that smile with someone else? What we show on the outside can become how we feel on the inside. So, if you've been feeling low, how about putting a smile on your face to help you put a smile on your heart as well! Anything with a fun or funny theme is perfect for our challenge this month.

Please remember ...
... in order to be eligible for the prizes your project must be positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some way. 

Anything cute and or whimsical brings a smile to my face - I love sweet images and particularly ones of cute animals doing human activities. If it is an image, I actually like to see the animals dressed in clothes and I am particularly fond of Victorian, anthropomorphic cats. Am I weird? I don't think so! I blame it on all the story books I was read when I was a child - Beatrix Potter and Wind in the Willows and, a little later on, in the 1980s, Brambly Hedge.  Oh, Happy Days!

Anyhow, on to my project for the start of this month's challenge.

Here is my card using one of Hetty Clare's beautiful, whimsical images. This one is called 'Spring has Sprung'.


Now this sweet image of a bunny family playing at skipping on a spring day just has to bring a smile to your face!
I coloured the image with Copic markers. I made a rough paper mask from a second print and placed it on top of my coloured version so that I could blend some inks to represent the sky. I used a Lawn Fawn die to cut out the image.
I decided to make my own card for matting the image upon. I did this by blending Scattered Straw ink onto white card and then I repeatedly stamped a flower image in the same colour of ink.
I typed the sentiment and matted it onto inked card before attaching it to the image.


Many thanks to Hetty Clare, this month's guest sponsor,


and to Scribbles Designs as the ongoing sponsor of the challenge


We would love to see your creations! 
Just make sure that your entry is positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some way!
The link up is here: Challenge #90 Path of Positivity.

 

That's all for today! 

I'll be back with a another Path of Positivity project in a couple of weeks time.

Thanks for stopping by today!
xoxo
                                                                                                                                            
I'd like to play along in these challenges:
MMM Challenge #145 Easter/spring 11/04
Crafting Happiness  #91 Sunshine/AG 12/04
Pammies Inky Pinkies #2114 AG 12/04
Dream Valley #245 Springtime 17/04
2 Crafty Critter Crazies April AG 25/04
Crafty Animals #49 27/04
I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 

xoxo

9 comments:

  1. Hi Carole this is a gorgeous card. Those bunnies are so cute and they look so happy. Have a good week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is so adorable! I'm with you; I love animal images doing "human" things and they always make me smile! This image is so fun and your coloring brings the story to life! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the cutest image, Carole and I love how you have put the card together. This one definitely brings a smile.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! Thanks for joining the fun at Crafting Happiness Challenges.
    :) Janis, Owner & Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute. Darling images and colors. Thanks for sharing over at Make My Monday

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! Thanks for playing along with us at Make My Monday Challenge. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these happy little bunnies. Thanks for playing along with us at Crafty Animals. Lisa DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card. Thanks for sharing it with us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies challenge Janet DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.