Saturday 29 October 2022

* Cat Lovers Hop: Winter Toby Cat


Hello

Welcome to the Cat Lovers Hop 2022.

A big hello to all my furry, feline-loving friends!

The Cat Lovers Hop, for those that don't know, is a fantastic annual event, hosted by the lovely Janis over on her blog, Her Peaceful Garden
This is its eighth year and an awful lot of work goes into its planning and preparation. The community of cat loving crafters is one of the best I have come across and I look forward to this event all year long.

If you like cats pop over and have a look at the fun games and awesome prizes that Janis has organised for the next few days. 

You'll find the link up and all the beautiful projects here. 
If you enter, make sure you sign up here to be eligible for prizes.

***

Inkylicious Stamps, a small family company in the north of England, is one of the many sponsors of the 2022 Cat Lovers Hop.

I used  2 sets of Inkylicious stamps to create this card: 

I used my favourite cat stamp, Toby Cat to make this winter card:



I stamped Toby Cat and made a mask to cover him up whilst I inked the background. I used a torn piece of paper to create the snowbank for Toby Cat to sit upon and I used Elements inks in Saharah and Della Blue to add colour to the background. I spattered a few water droplets over the inking to create a faux bleach effect. The snowbank has some shading with Graphite ink and some Icicle Stickles.
Next I used the circle mask to lightly pencil in the shape that I would follow with the foliage stamps. I used the Tumbling Vines stamps with Shady Lane and Pinecone Versafine ink to create the foliage arch. I added some small red dots with a ball tool and acrylic paint to represent holly berries. White spatters were applied and some Lime Stickles for sparkle.

Toby Cat                             Tumbling Vines

      


Many thanks to Inkylicious for sponsoring the Cat Lovers Hop.


That's all for now.
Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo 

I'd like to play along in these challenges:

Lost Coast #154 Cats &/or Dogs 31/10
Pammies Inky Pinkies #2243 AG 30/10
SUYP Challenge #82 AG Cats 31/10 TOP PICK
Winter Wonderland Let it Snow 03/11
Word Art Wednesday #567/568 AG 08/11
Worldwide Open DT Challenge #10 AG 3/3 11/11
Crazy for Cats Challenges #1 AG Cats 25/11 2/5  



28 comments:

  1. I love this cat stamp so much! I remember seeing it on a card here on your blog and admiring it! Beautiful ink blended background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh! I love Toby Cat! He looks so much like my Yassi! What a fabulous image! Beautifully framed by the wreath..and the background - so gorgeous! Happy hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful creation, Carole! Love the scene you created! The cat is absolutely gorgeous!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful coloring on the kitty.
    Feel like I could reach out and pet him.
    thanks for sharing and for participating in
    the cat lovers blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card and love the beautiful cat stamp
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So adorable and cute, Carole! I love this kitty, such a sweet look on her face! And you've made another amazing background for this kitty! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card! Lovely design and beautiful background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another beautiful card. Just a little too much white to be my Tinker. Otherwise reminds me of him.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!!! This cat stamp is just amazing, so realistic and sweet! Love so much how you made the snow bank with blended torn paper and the stickles add a perfect touch to make it a real snow!! The sky is wonderful!! Beautiful half wreath too!
    Pinned again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful cat stamp, reminds me of our Pauline. And your card is beautifully designed again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really lovely. I've learned a couple of tips today including using a ball tool to make those perfect berries. Your work is a joy to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think tuxedo kitties are so beautiful. And just like your card. The vines are so pretty and your inking to make this scene is just purrrfection. (And thank you so much for all your kind words on my projects - warms my heart).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable image and card. Thank you for sharing with us at The PIP Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful cat, Carole, and I'm so glad you played again at both the Cat Lovers Hop and at Crazy for Cats!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a lovely card. Your background is just beautiful - those holly leaves and berries just jump off the page. Love the kitty as well. Thanks for joining the Lost Coast Design Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Popping over from the Cat Hop again today to say hello! Toby Cat looks like he's saying 'Who, me?" I just love this card!
    Hugs,
    Leslie
    Love To Scrap 2

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful winter card! Love this Toby Cat image....such a wonderful quizzical expression. Love how you framed Toby with the wreath and added the warm yellow inside it. The holly berries and white accents you added to the foliage look so natural. Fabulous work!!
    Thank you so much for participating in the #2022CatLoversHop!!
    ❤ J
    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your gorgeous sky and ground cover! This card is absolutely beautiful!
    Thanks for participating in the 2022 Cat Lovers Hop! I'm hopping by to say hi to everyone and check out all of the amazing cat creations and inspiration.
    Roberta
    rstevensoncreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Toby cat is so adorable on your lovely card! Hopping in from the Cat Lovers Hop and Crazy for Cats Challenges, thank you for playing in our first challenge!
    Have a wonderful crafty day!
    Cat 🐱
    Crazy for Cats Challenges
    https://crazyforcatschallenges.blogspot.com
    https://paperdragonflycreativechallenges.blogspot.com
    https://mostmagicaltimeoftheyear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm enjoying all your Cats designs, this is stunning! Thanks for your lovely remarks on my FB post.

    ReplyDelete
  21. love this card!
    looks like Batman cat that came to live with us!
    hi from cat lovers blog hop!
    and

    Thank you for playing at SUYP/Cats only challenge
    Hope to see you again! Good luck!
    Fiki
    my blog: Bad Kitty's Craft Room

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful background and cat! Great stamp! Just hopping by from the Cat Lovers Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Pretty kitty on a snowbank and I like the frame of vines.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nice outdoor snowy scene for cat. Visiting from Cat Lovers Blog Hop.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  25. My comments are going missing UGH so trying again! I love your card, that kitty’s face is too precious! Hopping from the Cat Lovers Hop & LeighSBDesigns Inspiration Blog

    ReplyDelete
  26. this is absolutely stunning. Hello from the Cat Lovers Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  27. A gorgeous card. Thank you for sharing with us at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge. Marlene

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.