Thursday 20 October 2022

* Gecko Galz: Beautiful Boho

 

Hello
October is well and truly under way now and the leaves are fast falling from the trees. We hope you'll find some time to get cozy and do some crafting and join us with our challenges at the Gecko Galz blog.  
The theme this month is Bohemian Rhapsody.

We have the annual Blog Hop at the end of October, starting on the 27th, with lots of free collage sheets and super prizes to be won. I do hope you'll join us.

As always, we have the monthly Image Challenge, the monthly Christmas Image Challenge, the monthly Stamp Challenge, a Steampunk challenge and a Gothic Challenge on the blog, as well as 4 Facebook challenges. 
We hope you can find some time to join in the fun.

The winner of the Customer challenge will get a $25 Gecko Galz Etsy Store voucher and the runner up a $12 voucher. There are plenty of free Gecko Galz images if you don't already own any. Each blog post has a free image to collect and, if you sign up for the monthly newsletter, there is the chance to claim a free collage set each month.  Also if you make any purchase of $2 or more you receive a free image.

I made a set of ATCs:



I really like how these turned out. I used Wild Child ATCs for the background, matted onto gold card and I fussy cut images from the collage sheets Gypsy Jewels and Gypsy Beauties. I had some elaborate sequin trim in my stash and thought this matched the images perfectly.  The words are small talk stickers.

Wild Child                          Gypsy Jewels                 
 
  Gypsy Beauties.   
***

I made a mixed media Hamsa card:


I love this symbol. It is the symbol of good luck, good fortune, good health, happiness and protection from the Evil Eye. It is a stamp from the Free Sprit Stamp Set. l printed it onto a piece of card which was coloured by smooshing the white card into puddles of inks. I fussy cut the Hamsa, edged it in black and splattered some white paint I made the background by stamping and heat embossing in gold onto black card.

***
I made a Mandala Dream Catcher:

Below is the mandala design - it is a stamp from the  Free Spirit Stamp Set. 
Again I printed onto pre-inked card, this time gluing the inky card onto thick black card for strength. I doodled in sparkly gel pens and added gold highlights as well as specks of white acrylic paint.


Here are the feathers, real and paper, that I added on twine:


The feather stamp is also from the Free Spirit Stamp Set. I added colourful craft feathers to the back of each paper feather and adhered them to the mandala with ribbon trim.

Free Spirit Stamp Set

***

I also made a simple Dream Catcher card:


This is an enlarged ATC, from the Boho Dreams ATC collection, to which I added lots of glitter and sparkle. I die cut a tag shaped sentiment from the Girl Power sentiments set , inked around the edges in blue and added a pink bow. I matted onto gold, then black card - quite a simple, but effective card. 

Boho Dreams ATC                          Girl Power sentiments
   

*** 

And finally ...
This was the card I made for the start of the challenge. 
You can see the details here.


That's all for now!
I hope you'll join our Bohemian Rhapsody challenge where the winner will get a $25 shopping spree at the Gecko Galz shop.


The only rule is that you must use at least one Gecko Galz product (this can be one of the freebies or, of course, you can buy at the Etsy store!) Also if you sign up for the Gecko Galz newsletter, you'll be able to claim a free collage sheet each month and get first claim on the monthly $1 deals!

Please pop over to the Gecko Galz blog to see the fabulous designs by the very talented DT.

We also have a friendly Facebook Group where there are 4 monthly challenges, each with a collage sheet prize. 
Do come and join us!


I'll be back on the 27th October with my Gecko Galz Blog Hop projects and a FREE collage sheet. 

Here's all the info you need:
Current Gecko Galz Challenge : "Bohemian Rhapsody"
***
Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo

I'd like to play along in the following challenges:

ATCs
Pammies Inky Pinkies #2242 AG 23/10
TTCRD AG Oct 11 25/10
A Perfect Time to Craft Oct AG 28/10 Spotlight Winner

Hamsa Card
Welove2create  #10 AG  28/10 
Classic Design Challenge #10 AG 28/10
 * 613 Avenue Create Oct AG 31/10  5/8 TOP ROCKER   
Worldwide Open DT Challenge #10 AG 1/3 11/11

I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 
***

3 comments:

  1. WOW all stunning colourful projects,love all the image and great texture on the ATCs and Dream Catcher
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic and gorgeous projects Carole, great job

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous colors and design. Loving all the details on this beauty. Thanks for joining us at avenue613-blog.com. We look forward to seeing you again.
    Hugs
    Berni Cuttino, 613 Avenue Create , DT Coordinator
    613 Avenue Create ,Challenge Blog
    chasingthedream,My Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.