Saturday 29 May 2021

* AALL & Create: Choose Happy


 Hello

Today is my GDT day at AALL & Create and I have made a card.

I adore Janet Klein's cuties, especially the little girls with the flower eyes. She is grounded on torn 'Wishy Washi' washi tape and is telling all to 'choose happy' which is fabulous advice in any situation!

Her partners on my card are a couple of Strange Birds.
I love how stamps from different designers work so well together. The background stamp from Tracy Evans is the perfect setting for the Janet Klein cuties, and Bipasha's triangles, and their hidden sayings, add a lovely geometric touch.

Here's how it came together:

1. I brayered PaperArtsy Fresco Finish paints onto the card, then stamped and heat embossed the leaf stamp, from Through The Meadows, in black..  White paint splatters were added.

2.  I added some stamping, using the Lined Triangles stamp set. I used tone on tone stamping with Versafine Clair Verdant ink and also some black stamping around the edges. I used Inktense Watercolour pencils to shade in the triangles near the edge of the card. A doodled border was added.

The happy girl from Choose Happy and a couple of Strange Birds were stamped and coloured in with copics. They were fussy cut and added to the card, along with the 'Choose Happy' sentiment.


Stamps used:
# 449 Through the Meadows
# 459 Lined Triangles
 # 464 Strange Birds
#478 Choose Happy
Washi Tape #19 Wishy Washy

To see the stamps, stencils, dies and washi tapes used, please visit
A list of stockists can be found here.

You'll find lots of inspiration on the 

This is me and Casey - a personalised digital stamp from Janet Klein. 
Order yours here.

That's all for now.
Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo

I'd like to play along in these challenges:

Mix It Up #49 3 Layers 31/05
Love to Craft #58 AG 31/05
The House That Stamps Built Wet/Dry Embossing 01/06
Simon Says Stamp Wed Challenge 002/06
613 Avenue Create #5 AG 04/06 
Allsorts Challenge #626 Any Celebration 04/06





10 comments:

  1. Hi Carole this is gorgeous I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superbe, j'adore les couleurs ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really beautiful work. Thank you for the kind comment you left on my blog. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing how you created each stage culminating in this fabulous project, the colours look fabulous together too. Thanks for sharing it in our challenge this week at Allsorts.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic work of art all those stamps blended together make this something special, thank you for joining our challenge at ALLSORTS
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool card! I love the colors you used and that background is really fabulous!! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such fun and great background Carole, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous collage with all the bright colors and details. Glad you joined us at The House That Stamps Built! Donna DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think this is a super fun card. Thanks for sharing this over at THTSB.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.