Mondays do come around so quickly, at least for me they do!
For my Vera Lane Studio DT project this week I have a waterfall booklet.
This is my first attempt at a waterfall and I have to say it almost didn't happen! Persistence is, however, my middle name, so I kept calm and carried on, so to speak!
Here is the result.
This first photo shows the inside of the booklet with the waterfall feature to the left. Pull the ribbon and the page flips over to reveal a new one.
This is the front cover:
This is the back cover - the Fat Cats are so cute!
As the pages flip over, these are the ones to be revealed:
The backgrounds were made by smooshing, dipping and dabbing into puddles of Distress Oxides and water. I used Antique Linen, Scattered Straw, Victorian Velvet and Seedless Preserves, drying in-between different colours to prevent mud making. Stamping with Janet's Visual Ingredients background stamps was done with Oxides and black Versafine Clair. White splatters were added, along with washi tape to ground the characters and bits of torn washi tape were added around the page edges.
The collage sheets are so easy to use, just print, cut and go! The colours are wonderful. This time, I didn't add any of my own colouring at all to the images, they are exactly as they came from the printer.
I watched this You Tube video to learn how to make the waterfall: