Today is my GDT day at AALL & Create.
I have created a whimsical scene using a stamp set designed by Tracy Evans called Up, Up & Away and two of her whimsical houses.
I created the background with one of the new geometric stencils and Distress Oxides. I used watercolours for the images.
Work in Progress:
1. I directly inked the stencils with Distress Oxides, spritzed water and stamped onto card.
2. The green card was torn and adhered to the blue card. The balloon and the two houses were stamped using Versafine Nocturn ink.
3. I used the Hibiscus set to add some of the alphabet stamp around the card edges. Tone on tone stamping using the Scripted Semi-circles was added to the stencilled background, along with the small circle stamp from the Heart Grunge set.
4. The images that I needed were stamped onto watercolour paper. They were painted, then fussy cut. I added some stamping to the houses and used Polychromo pencils to add extra colour and some details.
The hot air balloon and its basket were stamped onto mop-up card and the colours enhanced with Polychromo pencils.
5. The images were adhered in place, some on foam tape. White splatters were added. Sentiments were stamped, cut and inked around the edges then added on foam tape for dimension.
#257 Lil' Magic (clouds)
#263 Heart and Home
#296 All Good Things (Grass)
#458 Hibiscus (Alphabet stamp)
#467 Up, Up & Away
#469 Scripted Semicircles
#483 Happy Dog (Happy sentiment)
Stencil: #125 Lotza Semicirclz
To see the stamps, stencils, dies and washi tapes used, please visit
A list of stockists can be found here.
You'll find lots of inspiration on the
That's all for now.
Thanks for stopping by today.
I'd like to play along in these challenges:
Crafters Cafe #265 AG 13/05 TOP 3
* QKR Stampede #419 AG 14/05 TOP 5
* 2 Crafty Critter Crazies #50 25/05
* A Perfect Time to Craft MAY AG 27/05
* Classic Design Challenge #5 AG 27/05
* Crafty Animals #50 AG 29/05
* Mix It Up #49 3 Layers 31/05