Saturday 1 May 2021

* Gecko Galz: Secret Garden

 

Hello!

Can you believe that we are in May already? Time is flying by! We are entering my favourite time of the year and I'm so happy to have lighter evenings and warmer temperatures.

The new challenge has started at the Gecko Galz Challenge Blog and the theme this month is Secret Garden.

We would love for you to join our challenge. The only rule is that you use at least one Gecko Galz product. The challenge runs until the 29th May.

I made a couple of items for customer challenge inspiration. 

The first is a couple of Fairy Door Cards.

Here they are with the door shut:

And here they are opened:


I used the Blooming Waters ATC set to create the backgrounds and the doors are from the Behind Door collage set. I scored the card to act as the door hinge and before adhering the door images, I scored, folded and inked the kraft card so that it would look like wooden planks when opened.
My fairies, their butterflies, frog and rabbit come from the StoryBook Garden Kit and the toadstools are from Nature's Beauty.

***

My second project is a tiny 3D canvas. I used the back of the canvas as a 'shadow box' to layer up the images to make a secret garden:


The lovely little girl is from the Easter Children Collage set and the roses are from the Dream Garden ATC set. I found some bullrushes on one of the Dream Garden ATCs and used one of the papers from the Dapper Nouveau ATC set as the background paper. 


That's all for now!
I hope you'll join our Secret Garden challenge where the winner will get a $25 shopping spree at the Gecko Galz shop.


The only rule is that you must use at least one Gecko Galz product 
(this can be one of the freebies or, of course, you can buy at the Etsy store!) 
Also if you sign up for the Gecko Galz newsletter, you'll be able to claim a free collage sheet each month and get first claim on the monthly $1 deals!

Please pop over to the Gecko Galz blog to see the fabulous designs by the very talented DT.

We also have a friendly Facebook Group where there are 4 monthly challenges, each with a collage sheet prize. 
Do come and join us!

I'll be back on the 20th with more Gecko Galz projects.

Here's all the info you need:
Current Gecko Galz Challenge : "Secret Garden"
***
Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo

I'd like to play along in the following challenges:

 Fairy Door Cards
Creatalicious Challenges #210 AG with Wings 14/05 TOP 3
Love to Scrap #145 AG 31/05

3D Shadow Box
Love to Craft #58 AG 31/05
Nbus #26 31/05
(The tiny canvas has been on my desk for years - I bought it for the tiny easel to display projects upon - fuinally found a use for it!)


I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 
***



4 comments:

  1. A lovely selection of cards, so much detail in each one. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a sweet creation 🥰 Thank you for participating on Creatalicious Challenges Blog that means a lot to us!
    Marci - DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you found a use for the canvas, too, Carole! It is perfect for the dramatic and beautiful secret flower garden visited by the sweet little girl and her kitty! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great project - thanks for sharing it with us at the Love to Craft Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.