Wednesday 2 February 2022

* Funkie Junkie Boutique : Icy and Cold

 

Hello,

I am delighted to be a Guest DT at The Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog this month where the theme is Icy and Cold.

I made a pair of tags featuring Tim Holtz's Paper Dolls.


I decided to go with cool, sage green colours and cream rather than the standard blues and greys for this theme. I brayered PaperArtsy Fresco paints onto the die cut tag, then added some grit paste through a stencil.. I heat embossed a mandala stamp and stars from AALL & Create with white powders and added a few silver embossed stars for good measure. I swiped the edges of the tag along the embossing ink and added silver powder to the edges.

I cut some 3D Impresslit Snowflakes. I dipped them into watered down Peeled Paint ink and when dry added some Peeled Paint Distress Glaze, followed by iridescent embossing powder. I also die cut some snowflakes from glitter card.

I heat embossed some chipboard florals with white sparkly powder. I die cut winter foliage using Tim's Sizzix dies.

The snowflakes and foliage was adhered to the tag forming a cluster and the paper dolls were popped on top with washi tape beneath their feet for grounding.

Three tiny, sparkly gems were added and I called my tags done!

Here are a couple of close up photos:



And here are some of the products I used:


That's all for now.

Thanks for stopping by today!
xoxo

                                                                
I'd like to play along in these challenges:

Crafty Gals Corner #227 Snow Much Fun 8/02 Top 3
Penny's Challenges #514 AG 15/02
Paper Funday Challenges #38 AG 27/02
Classic Design Challenge Feb AG 26/02
Perfect Time to Craft Feb AG 27/02
Arty Divas Challenge Jan AG 28/02

I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 

10 comments:

  1. Hi Carole these tags are gorgeous. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tags. I LOVE them. Gorgeous. Love the design, images and colors. So glad you shared over at Crafty Gals Corner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are stunning winter themed tags Carole and your colour choice is perfect.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  4. This set of Tags is FABULOUS!!! I saw the set come up on my feed earlier and saved the photo for my "Best Makes" files without even looking at who posted it (I always make sure to save the name of the maker so I can pop back into their blog for more details or views). This is going to be one of my FAVE makes for Winter 2022. I really adore those tiny gems on that awesome background! I had to make sure I knew how you made the "sidewalk" under the Paper Dolls' feet because, at first glance, it reminded me of Abbey Road (I'm a born 60's Beatles fan) and what a pleasant surprise to see you're in England!
    I'm delighted you went with the sage green and cream- it's PERFECT!!
    Congratulations on your Guest Design spot and I look forward to seeing more of your makes over at The Funkie Junkie Boutique Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lyla, thank you so very much for the lovely compliments! I am a Beatles fan too and live only 15 miles from Liverpool - we often visit The Cavern on our day trips . x

      Delete
  5. These are great tags. I have some of the TH Paper Dolls and just don't know what to do with them so thanks for this beautiful inspiration. Thanks for sharing your lovely project with us at The Colour Crazy Challenge. Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just having a Funkie Junkie catch up, and spotted these on the GDT post! Fabulous tags, and I really thought it was Alison from Words and Pictures posting. These are stunning winter tags! Congrats on your GDT spot; sorry to be late to the party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sara, thank you for the lovely comment - I had to look Alison up and ... wow!!! - that is some compliment! :)
      I'm doing a happy dance here! xx

      Delete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.