Sunday 20 February 2022

* Gecko Galz: Musical Muses and Sweet Valentines

 

Hello

It's February, the month of Love, and at Gecko Galz our new customer challenge is 
Silly Love Songs.
We also have the monthly Image Challenge and the monthly Christmas Image Challenge, as well as 4 Facebook challenges. 
We hope you can find some time to join in the fun.

The winner of the Customer challenge will get a $25 Gecko Galz Etsy Store voucher and the runner up a $12 voucher. There are plenty of free Gecko Galz images if you don't already own any. Each blog post has a free image to collect and, if you sign up for the monthly newsletter, there is the chance to claim a free collage set each month.  Also if you make any purchase of $2 or more you receive a free image.

For my DT day, I made a card, a journal page and some ATCs.


I made a sweet, mixed media Valentine card using an image from the Lovely Little Valentine collage set. I fussy cut the image and inked around the edges in black ink. The background was made with PaperArtsy Infusions and Brushos. I added some stamping and some paint splatters and heat embossed gold leaves around the top and side edges. Some torn book text acts as grounding for the cute couple who were popped on foam tape for dimension. I die cut the letters to make the sentiment - once in gold and again in black to add a drop shadow.


Lovely Little Valentines


Next, I made an A6 journal page: 


I stamped and heat embossed the rose background, then blended Distress Oxides over the top and added some music note stamping.
The images were fussy cut from two collage sheets, Musical Muses and Lovely Vignettes. I added a gold paper border die and chose a snarky sentiment sticker as my sentiment.
 
Musical Muses                        Lovely Vignettes
  

Then I made a couple of ATCs:


I fussy cut the images from Musical Muses and added them to ATCs made from manuscript paper. I added grit paste through a mandala stencil and coloured with Hickory Smoke and touches of Brushos. Small Talk sticker sentiments were added and the ATCs were mounted onto black card.


My projects for the Silly Love Songs customer challenge inspiration are below and you can read about them here:


and here


That's all for now!
I hope you'll join our Silly Love Songs Challenge where the winner will get a $25 shopping spree at the Gecko Galz shop.


The only rule is that you must use at least one Gecko Galz product (this can be one of the freebies or, of course, you can buy at the Etsy store!) Also if you sign up for the Gecko Galz newsletter, you'll be able to claim a free collage sheet each month and get first claim on the monthly $1 deals!

Please pop over to the Gecko Galz blog to see the fabulous designs by the very talented DT.

We also have a friendly Facebook Group where there are 4 monthly challenges, each with a collage sheet prize. 
Do come and join us!

I'll be back on the 1st March with more Gecko Galz projects.

Here's all the info you need:
Current Gecko Galz Challenge : "Silly Love Songs"
***
Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo

I'd like to play along in the following challenges with the 
"Be Mine' Card:

My Time to Craft Love 24/02
Aud Sentiments #291 Love Sentiment 28/02
Through the Purple Haze #189 AG 28/02
Creative Inspirations  FEB With Love 01/03
Dragonfly Dreams Love 04/03


I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 
***

4 comments:

  1. Hi Carole this is gorgeous. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carole: Thanks for sharing this post that has several projects featuring 'all you need is love' theme at MTTC! All the Gecko Galz products in your projects are great and I like your variety of styles, formats, and layouts! Wonderful creative productivity! Thanks for including MTTC in your links! --Becca/DT/MTTC

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a beautiful project!! Thank you for entering our Challenge in Through The Purple Haze. Claudia Martins DT/Coordinator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.