Monday 4 September 2023

* Path of Positivity: Vintage Florals


Hello

Welcome to the September Path of Positivity Challenge.

Our challenge is always Anything Goes with an optional theme.

This month's option is to design a project that is inspired by our Tic-Tac-Toe board.

Honours and Prizes include:

  • $6 worth of images from Scribbles Designs, for a person chosen in a random draw based on all qualifying entrants.
  • A badge for the following honours: Top PickVoter's ChoiceMost InspirationalRandom WinnerDT Delight.
Here is my DT project:



I decided on the middle row (add trim, add dimension/texture and make own background) although my project also fits the top row, the first column and the top left to bottom right diagonal as well.

 I used a beautiful vintage floral image that was free with any purchase from Gecko Galz last month. I printed it out twice, so that I could fussy cut the tulip heads, the butterfly and some of the leaves. I shaped the tulip heads with a ball tool and popped foam tape under the centre of each so that they have dimension. I curled the leaves and left them free of adhesive so that they have some movement - this gives both dimension and texture. The butterfly was folded and adhered just in the centre.
The background was made by blending ink (Antique Lined and Frayed Burlap around the edges), then over-stamping in Antique Linen using a script stamp. Water was sprayed over the background and blotted to bleach out some colour.
 I matted the image and the background onto gold card (my nod to the 'bling' option in the top row). Some gorgeous lace trim was adhered along the base of the background and the floral panel was popped on foam tape to raise it and add dimension.


That's all for now.
We would love to see your creations! 
Just make sure that your entry is positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some way!
The link up is here: Challenge #115 Path of Positivity.

 

Many thanks to Scribbles Designs for sponsoring the challenge.


I'll be back with a another Path of Positivity project in a couple of weeks time.

Thanks for stopping by today!
xoxo
                                                                                                                                            
I'd like to play along in these challenges:

Pammies InkyPinkies #1335 AG 10/09

Beautiful Blossoms Challenge AG with Flowers #8 12/09

Creatalicious Challenges #266 AG 14/09

LilPatchnofCrafty Friends £213 AG 16/09

A Perfect Time to Craft Sept AG 28/09 Spotlight Favourite

613 Avenue Create Sept AG 30/09

I read and appreciate all your comments. 
xoxo

5 comments:

  1. A lovely vintage creation using these beautiful sepia tones and opulent lace details.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, so beautiful! :) Thanks a lot for joining us at Creatalicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at The PIP Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning as ever, Carole, floral image is beautifully showcased!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.