Monday 11 September 2023

* Vera Lane Studio: Rescue Kitties

 

Hello

It's Monday and my Vera Lane Studio DT day. 

Today I have a trinchie featuring the Rescue Kitties.

At the moment over at the Vera Lane Studio Facebook Group we have a challenge. The challenge is to make a calendar for 2024 using VLS digi stamps. Janet Klein has provided prompts for each month and has a free calendar template, available in the group, or digital ones for purchase. The challenge closes at the end of November, so there's plenty time to make your 12 pieces of artwork and bind them together however you please into a useful calendar.

The 2024 Digital Calendar Template has space for a 3 x 3 inch piece of artwork, hence why I made a trinchie. My trinchie is the prompt for March, simply because I hadn't used these lovely Rescue Kitties yet.


I coloured the digis with Copics and pencils. They are fussy cut and adhered straight onto the background as I don't want any bulk in my calendar. The background is coloured with Oxides in Dried Marigold, Wild Honey and Rusty Hinge. The smooshing and dabbing technique never fails to please me. I added some text stamping and some part flowers using two stamp sets designed by Janet's for AALL & Create (Background Noise - my absolute all time favourite - and Flower Pops). I used a torn piece of washi tape (again AALL & Create) to ground my characters.


I haven't yet decided how I'm going to bind my pages together, so here is just an idea of how my March page might look. Nothing is glued down as yet :)


Here's what I used:

Rescue Kitties                                      2024 Calendar Template
   

That's all for now.

I hope you'll come along and play on Vera Lane. It's such a friendly, fun place to be!

  

Here's all the info you need:

AALL & Create carry Janet's clear stamp sets, stencils and Washi Tape. 
A list of stockists can be found here.

I'd like to play along in these challenges:

Lil Patch of Crafty Friends 213 AG 16/09
Pammies InkyPinkies #1336 AG 17/09
Crafty Calendar Challenge Sept AG 28/09 TOP 5
613 Avenue Create Sept AG 29/09 Top Rocker
Alley's Angels #74 AG 09/10 Top 5


Thanks for stopping by today.

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. great and cute and beautiful calendar Carole

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous fun and cute image and love your colouring and great background Carole, love how you turned it into a calendar..wonderful..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.