Today is my GDT day at AALL & Create.
I have a mini book to share. It contains some sound advice and words of wisdom from Janet Klein's dancing chickens.
1. The front and back cover are made from 350gsm black card with a scored spine. The fastening twine was adhered beneath the panels and the panels were popped on foam tape.
2. Inside there is an accordion fold booklet on the right and a panel on the left.
The inside accordion was made with 250 gsm black card and the panels glued in place.
There is a hidden pocket (where the card was overlapped to make it the right length) with a double sided tag inside.
3. The background was coloured using brayered PaperArtsy Fresco paints. Stamp #384 was heat embossed in white. Reverse Hexagons were stamped around the edges in black and texture paste was added through my favourite #39 Lotza Dots stencil
4. The images were coloured with Copic markers, Polychromo pencils and white Posca pen highlights.
My project involved lots of fussy cutting which I do whilst watching TV in the evening.
These chickens are so quirky! I'm sure that some of them are attempting yoga poses!
Here are my work in progress photos along with the products I used:
1. Painted background
2. Heat Embossing with stamp #384 Lined Hexagons
3. Texture paste through stencil #39 Lotza Dots
4. Edges inked in black using #374 Reverse Hexagons
5. Images stamped and coloured mainly with Copics
6. Fussy cut images
And voila - it's finished...
#259 Pineapple Queen
#346 For the Birds
#374 Reverse Hexagons
#384 Lined Hexagons
#407 Chicken Dance
#411 Road Trip
#422 Fly Free
Stencil: #39 Lotza Dots
To see the stamps, stencils, dies and washi tapes used, please visit
A list of stockists can be found here.
You'll find lots of inspiration on the
That's all for now.
Thanks for stopping by today.
I'd like to play along in these challenges:
* Aud Sentiments #269 AG 23/02 WINNER
As You Like It Rubber/Clear or Digi 25/02 WINNER
My vote is for clear stamps - I like to be able to see where and what I am stamping through the stamp and acrylic block. I love the crisp inky outlines and unlike digis, they don't smear with alcohol pens or watercolours..
* Classic Design Challenge Feb AG 26/02
A Perfect Time To Craft AG FEB 27/02 DT Favourite
Paper Funday #26 AG 28/02 Honourable Mention
*Crafty Creations #418 AG 01/03
Hi Carole this is stunning. It is just amazing. Have a good day. Take care. Hugs JackieReplyDelete
Oh this is brilliant! I love all the advice and creating a booklet like this is so much fun. Beautiful project.ReplyDelete
This is a stunning creation, such wonderful colours and images, amazing.xReplyDelete
Thank you for joining in the Aud Sentiments challenge with your lovely fun project.ReplyDelete
Oh my gosh this is just amazing and so fun and cute. I love the fun background and the images and quirky sentiments are awesome. I'd love to have this on my table to look at daily and bring a smile. I love it. Thanks for sharing over at Aud Sentiments.ReplyDelete
Thank you so much for joining in with your favourite type of "stamp" AYLI challenge. What you've given us is gorgeous and we really appreciate you taking the time to enter. Hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Squirrel xReplyDelete
What a wonderful, colorful, fun project! Thanks so much for sharing with us over at As You Like It Challenge!ReplyDelete
Oh my...this project is awesome and out a huge smile on my face! Thanks for entering in The Paper Funday Challenges and Best of Luck in the Draw! Donna, DTReplyDelete