Friday 26 February 2021

* BabyCakes Digi Design GDT: Garden Gnome

 

Hello

Today, I am delighted to share my second GDT project for Sandra Caldwell, the artist at BabyCakes Digis and Designs on Etsy.

Today a new set of digi stamps are released and I chose to work with digi stamp 

#3314 - Gnome How To Plant


I coloured the image with Copic markers and added some white Posca pen highlights. I fussy cut him out leaving a thin white border so that he would pop out from the background.


The background is blended Distress Oxides in Bundled Sage, Peeled Paint and Weathered Wood. Water droplets were scattered over to bleach out some of the colour, then background, tone on tone stamping was added. I decided to stamp and heat emboss the sentiment which is from an AALL & Create stamp set (#181 Bouquet Add Ons). I made a spotlight circle to add to the background for the gnome to sit upon. White paint splatters and a black mat finish off my card.


That's all for now.
Thank you to Sandra for asking me to guest design.
I hope you'll pop over to BabyCakes Digi and Design to see the cute and whimsical images on offer.

Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo

I'd like to play along in these challenges:

Crafty Catz #540 AG 04/03 Top 3
Aud Sentiments #269 Spring 08/03
A Gemof a Challenge #5 AG 12/03
Cardz TV #135 AG 12/03


10 comments:

  1. Hi Carole this is stunning. I love it. Have a good weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh he is brilliant Carole! The background he is on works so well for him too.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  3. A brilliant card. Love it. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card, Carole. Great sentiment and I love the image. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card ! thanks for sharing with Polkadoodles gem of a craft challenge this week, good luck, Nelly DT x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this and what a great sentiment thanks for joining in our challenge at crafty catz this week hope to see you back in the new challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome card! Thanks for playing along with us at Aud Sentiments.

    DT Stacey
    www.butterflycreations.blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Outstanding ... thanks for being my guest DT ... you are always welcome ! Sandra

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.