Wednesday 17 February 2021

* AALL & Create: Vintage Sewing


 Hello!

Today I'm sharing a vintage style stamped card using a beautiful stamp set designed by Tracy Evans for AALL & Create as the focal image.


Really, not much needs to be added to this gorgeous stamp. It is one of two that come in the set, #396 Sewing Forever. However set #439 Sewing Kit has the perfect embellishmnent stamps which is where the buttons came from.


I stamped the image onto a background made by stamping Distress Oxides with a stencil.
I stamped the image again and fussy cut the lady.  I gave her a paper pieced dress (thank you Cass for the lovely paper) and adhered her in place. I added a charm sewing machine (also c/o Cass from a swap) over the stamped vintage sewing machine.. Some torn AALL & Create washi tape grounds my vintage lady.


I stamped the buttons onto white card and the patterned paper. I added thread through the button holes.
I did some black stamping around the edges of the background, using #374 Reverse Hexagons and #438 Ephemera Digits. I added some shading with a watercolour pencil and finally I added some white splatters.

Here are some work in progress photos:







Stamps Used:
#374 Reverse Hexagons
#396 Sewing Forever
#439 Sewing Kit
#437 Ephemera Digits
Stencil: #39 Lotza Dots
Washi #1

To see the stamps, stencils, dies and washi tapes used, please visit
A list of stockists can be found here.

You'll find lots of inspiration on the 

That's all for now.
Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo

I'd like to play along in these challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Favourite Technique 24/02
(Stamping with stencil)
Classic Design Challenge Feb AG 26/02
A Perfect Time To Craft AG FEB 27/02
A Bit More Time to Craft #134 AG 28/02
Addicted to Stamps #399 Any Occasion 02/03
(Just to say hello)
Penny's Challenges #490 AG 03/03

9 comments:

  1. A lovely vintage style card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic card with a great background Carole

    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carole this is a stunning card. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too beautiful! Super background and wonderful vintage images. I love your special touch, adding thread to the buttons. Thanks for sharing this with us at Penny’s!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cool card! Love the vintage look. The thread through the buttons is a great touch.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic Carole, wonderful textures, colours and design..
    Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Chrissy DT  https://classicdesignchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is so beautiful!! I love how you gave it a vintage look and feel
    This is Brian from Penny's Challenge Blog :) Thank you for entering our challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, love the vintage styling of this card! Great colour choices, too. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty design!
    Hugs Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.