Friday 5 February 2021

* Creative Artiste: Beautiful Blooms


Hello!

I am delighted to say that I have been invited to guest design at the Creative Artiste Mixed Media blog today.  

I decided to make a small canvas (10 x 12 inches) using PaperArtsy stamps and stencils designed by Tracy Scott after I had seen a beautiful project made by Claire Snowden. Here is Claire's project that inspired me.

Here is what I made:


I have a few more close ups and them some work in progress photos ...


I love these big blooms. I added white Posca Pen marks to the stamen and gave them a die cut centre for some extra dimension.

              

The clay vase is decorated with a tile pattern from Stencil #PS2!! . I added gold wax lightly over the surface.

 
This photo shows the dimension a bit more clearly.

Next I have my work in progress photos:

1. I painted the canvas with Vanilla PaperArtsy Fresco paint and blended Caramel (wet on wet) around the edges.
2. Crackle Paste was added through Stencil #PS210.  I used masking tape to line up the stencil.

  

3.  I brayered black paint onto the leaf stamp and stamped it onto the canvas. The print was not good, but easily fixed with a small paintbrush. I decided to stamp some leaves onto card and cut them out.


4. The vase was made from air dry clay and the pattern made by pressing the stencil on top. When dry, I painted the vase with Chalk Fresco and lightly added some gold wax with my finger.

 

.5.  The flowers from set TS047 were stamped onto card coloured with warm colours. 


6. Gold and white paint splatters were added to the finished piece and some gold wax was blended around the edge of the canvas.


That's all for now.
Thank you to Andree for asking me to guest design.
I hope you'll pop over to Creative Artiste to see what the DT have made and maybe enter their challenge.


Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo

I'd like to play along in these challenges:

Classic Design Challenge Feb AG 26/02
A Perfect Time To Craft AG FEB 27/02
Love to Craft FEB AG 28/02
Mix It Up Challenge 46 AG 28/02 Top Pick
More Mixed Media AG 05/03

9 comments:

  1. Hi Carole this is a stunning project. It is simply gorgeous. Have a good weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this is brilliant, sensational project. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful canvas Carole. A gorgeous background of textures and a beautiful burst of colourful florals. Thank you for being a fabulous guest designer for Creative Artiste this month xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Carole you have blown me away with your beautiful canvas. So much amazing texture and bold colours. Love the crackle. So nice to have you share this as our Guest at Creative Artiste this month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous! Wow! It is so colorful and Ilove the background too. Thank you for joining the challenge at Love To Craft Challenge Blog. Dorlene DT LTCCB

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, such a beautiful project! I love all the detail that you added, the textures look amazing and those flowers are gorgeous - perfect 😁. Thanks so much for joining us as Guest Designer at Creative Artiste for February! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great project - thanks for sharing it with us at the Mix It Up Challenge Blog.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.