Monday 1 February 2021

Path of Positivity: Monster Love


 Hello!

Today is the start of a new Path of Positivity challenge.
The challenge lasts for the month of February.

This month the theme is Anything Goes with the optional twist of 
Celebrate Those You Love.

Prizes this month include:
  • $12 Store Voucher from Bugaboo Stamps, our guest sponsor for this month, for a person chosen in a random draw based on all qualifying entrants. 
  • ONE image (value of $5 or less) from Scribbles Designs, for the post or project that the team deems most inspiring of the bunch based on all qualifying entrants.
  • One digital image from Creative Bug Digital SnapShots for each person chosen as a DT Delight.

Our optional theme this month is Celebrate Those You Love.
You could look beyond the traditional Valentine and maybe encompass all those you love and cherish. Of course you could make a traditional Valentine project, but you could also include friendships, ideals, pets or any person that you love and cherish. Also this concept could include the new ways we interact with one another during the pandemic.

Please remember in order to be eligible for the prizes your project must be positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some way. 

For my DT project I made a friendship card. 

I cannot wait to meet up with all the friends I've missed so much. I have missed just hanging out, having a coffee or lunch and just being silly! I've missed group hugs and laughter. I've missed the feel of true camaraderie. Yes it's true we do stay in contact, chat, video call, message and text and send photos and silly memes, but there is nothing quite like close, personal contact. I simply am waiting patiently for our monster hug when we get to meet up again!

My card used Bugaboo Stamps, Love Monsters which I coloured wire Copic markers. I fussy cut them and popped them on foam on top of an embossed background. I inked the embossing folder and gave it a very light spritz of water, placed my card in and ran it through my Big Shot and voila - a ready made background. I just inked the edges with a blending tool and matted it onto black card. I used some AALL & Create fun washi tape to ground my monsters.

The sentiment is also a Bugaboo Stamp, but I think it is now retired. I cut it with a stitched rectangle die, coloured it, mounted it onto black card and adhered it directly onto the background.


Many thanks to Bugaboo Stamps this month's guest sponsor,

and to Scribbles Designs as the ongoing sponsor of the challenge


We would love to see your creations! 
Just make sure that your entry is positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some way!
The link up is here: Challenge #88 Path of Positivity.

 

That's all for today! 

I'll be back with a another Path of Positivity project in  a couple of weeks time.

Thanks for stopping by today!
xoxo
                                                                                                                                            
I'd like to play along in these challenges:

Cardz TV #133 AG 11/02
Crafters Cafe #259 AG 13/02
A Bit More Time to Craft #133 AG 14/02 
Crafters Castle #38 AG (1/3) 28/02

I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 

xoxo

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic and happy card, great design and colouring. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carole this is such a cute card. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! Love the background technique and washi tape! Those purple eyes get me; I just can't wait to meet that guy! ;) Great reference to a monster hug when you see your friends...you are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing card, Carole! It is so fun and happy. Awesome coloring, too. Thank you for joining us at the Crafter's Cafe, and I hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Jinny

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.