Saturday 28 August 2021

* Gecko Galz: Black & White and a Pop of Colour ATCs

 

Hello

The August Gecko Galz ATC Swap had the Black and White with a Pop of Colour theme. 

This is what I made. with the specified collage sets.


I created a little folding book to tuck my 3 ATCs into. The photo above shows the booklet closed and the lacy bag I popped it into for transit.

 I decorated each of the booklets 3 outside panels and popped the ATCs inside. All the sentiments are song titles or words from songs.

This photo shows the 3 ATCs. Unusually for me they are quite flat, but I did add some texture and interest with Glossy Accents and glitter to most of the images.


Here you can see the little tuck spots for each ATC.


 
My bubble blowing girl has glitter in her hair and Glossy Accent bubbles:


I gave the strawberry letters some Diamond Stickles glitter treatment to make it look plump and sumptuous. The spectacles have Glossy Accent and glitter lenses.


I decided to place two images together to make this ATC: Lots of glitter was added too:



***
And this shows the back of the booklet when it is opened out.

I added some extra decoration to the boots - the purple ones got polka dots, the mushroom ones got glitter and the swirly ones got dots and glitter. I liked these words from Nancy Sinatra's Boots song:

And the follow up Boots song words just asked to be placed with this fun image. The boots have Glossy Accents and the petals have pink glitter:

This lovely image looks so familiar and I have been racking my brains trying to think where I have seen it before. I love the optical illusion paper behind this one and made this the front cover:

***

That's all for now!
I hope you'll join our Merry Mermaids challenge where the winner will get a $25 shopping spree at the Gecko Galz shop.


The only rule is that you must use at least one Gecko Galz product 
(this can be one of the freebies or, of course, you can buy at the Etsy store!) 
Also if you sign up for the Gecko Galz newsletter, you'll be able to claim a free collage sheet each month and get first claim on the monthly $1 deals!

Please pop over to the Gecko Galz blog to see the fabulous designs by the very talented DT.

We also have a friendly Facebook Group where there are 4 monthly challenges, each with a collage sheet prize. 
Do come and join us!

Here's all the info you need:
Current Gecko Galz Challenge : "Merry Mermaids"
***
Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo

I'd like to play along in the following challenges:

Love to Craft #61 AG 30/08
Love to Scrap #148 Old School 30/08

I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 
***

7 comments:

  1. Hi Carole your ATCs are gorgeous. I love them all. Have a good weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these! I love the black and white checks and how they are so retro! Fab! Thanks for joining the challenge at the Love To Scrap Challenge Blog. Dorlene DT LTSCB

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great project, Carole! The little ATC booklet is lovely and I am sure whoever it is for will be pleased to get it.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  4. such an awesome booklet, love the images are they from Gecko Galz ? would love to purchase them, can you help me find them please and thank you Carole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Lois - thanks for the lovely comment. These are Gecko Galz images, but they were given for free to the ATC swap group, so they are not in the shop right now. Check Kim's blog to see if they are still available: https://myalteredrealityart.blogspot.com/2021/08/aug-atc-swapchallenge-black-white-with.html xx

      Delete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.