Monday 23 August 2021

* Vera Lane Studio: Little Miss


 Hello

Happy Monday! I hope the new week finds you fit and well.

Today I am sharing my DT project for Vera Lane Studio

I have used a  digi set released a short while ago and called Little Miss. 

I have had a set of Bare Basics matchboxes for a while and thought it was time to use one. It turned out that the size of the top of the cover is the same as an ATC. Anyhow, I also decided it was time to start using up some of the painted and inky papers I have in my stash, otherwise, why save them?
I used some brayered acrylic paint backgrounds for my panel pieces. The opener is a Tim Holtz brad.

Here is the top of the matchbox. I added some white embossed stamping using one of Janet Klein's Background Noise stamps, available through AALL & Create. I added some tone on tone text stamping and some black stamping around the edges (also from the Background Noise set). 

The little character was coloured with Copic pens and her eyes given some definition with Polychromo pencils. I inked the snippets of the sentiment and the edges of the topper with black ink, adding a hand doodled border.



The drawer of the matchbox was lined with Power Words washi tape #24 (designed by Bipasha Bk for AALL & Create). I also added two of the words, torn away from the rest, as grounding for my Little Miss.


And lastly, here is what I am keeping in the drawer ... some of my coloured and fussy cut Vera Lane Studio stamps - it is surprising how many will fit into this small space!

I think this would also make a beautiful little gift box.


That's all for now.

I hope you'll come along and play on Vera Lane. It's such a friendly, fun place to be!

  

Here's all the info you need:

AALL & Create carry Janet's clear stamp sets, stencils and Washi Tape. 
A list of stockists can be found here.

This is me and Casey - a personalised digital stamp from Janet Klein. 
Order yours here.

Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo

I'd like to play along in these challenges:
Crafting Happiness #110 AG 29/08 
Make My Monday #155 Anything But A Card 29/08
QKR Stampede #426 AG 31/08
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends #164 AG 04/09
Cutie Pie Challenge #162 Girls, Girls, Girls 06/09
Ally's Angels #49 AG 07/09
World Wide Open DT Challenge AG 12/09 BEST TECHNIQUE




9 comments:

  1. Hi Carole this is a gorgeous project and so useful too. Have a good week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. such an adorable matchbox, you did an awesome job at the coloring and decorating it. Thank you for playing with us at MMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun project! I love the little matchbox and how you beautifully you have decorated it. The treasures in the drawer are great keepers.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  4. FANTASTIC WORK. Love it.
    Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT / Admin / Registered Owner for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog is very informative.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable Carole, I love little boxes and storage things and this is perfect for your cut outs, fabulous image and colouring and love your hand made papers to cover the box..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is too darn cute! I love the brightness of it all. Thanks for sharing with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, and good luck! 😊

    ~Marie B -DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is absolutely gorgeous. I love all of the details you added to the match box. Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Donna DT Member for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.