Tuesday 10 August 2021

* Neon


 Hello,

I was intrigued by the current challenge at Lost Coast Designs

It has a Neon theme. 

Now neon wouldn't normally be on my desk, but I had a rummage through my many drawers and I found some neon paints.  They are, to be honest, decades old so it was no surprise when it came out of the tube with a texture like cottage cheese. Unperturbed, I mashed it with a pallet knife and brayered the heck out of it until it resembled something close to smooth.

Here is my project. It's a panel that I stuck into a small art journal. I used a Lost Coast Designs silhouette stamp called Grunge Flower Profile:


I brayered the orange neon paint as well as I could to provide the base of the background. I then used a PaperArtsy stencil and sponged on some pink neon paint, fading it out towards the bottom right corner where my image would be. I added some neon pink splatters and some black ones too. The image was stamped onto the background, then again onto white card which I fussy cut and adhered. 

The sentiment is a snarky sticker from a Tim Holtz sentiment sticker pad. I added a black mat to help the neon pop a little more.


Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo

I'd like to play along in these challenges:

Lost Coast Portal to Creativity #127 Neon 14/08 WINNER
Use Your Stuff #428 Inspired by Real Life 14/08
The quote just about sums up how I'm feeling right now!
Pammies Inky Pinkies #2132 AG 15/08
Crafting Happiness Challenge #108 AG 15/08 TOP PICK
Dare 2b Artzy Aug AG 31/08


7 comments:

  1. Hi Carole this is a gorgeous page. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your neon orange background, and this silhouette stamp is one of my favorites from Lost Coast! Thanks for joining the Lost Coast Design Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous Carole, and one of my favourite stamps too! Thanks so much for joining in with our challenge at Lost Coast Designs and have a very happy week, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fabulous card. That snarky sentiment is great. LOL Thanks for the giggle today. Thanks for joining us this week at Pammie's Inky Pinkies. Hope to see you again. Bonnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Carole, what a great job you did in displaying that neon. I love the orange.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha ha. Love how you beat you paint into submission and that cool sentiment. Awesome page with that lovely grungy flower profile. Thanks for joining the fun at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity Challenge! Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.