Monday 16 August 2021

* Path of Positivity: Enjoy Nature - Birdsong


 Hello!

Today is the start of a new Path of Positivity challenge.
The challenge lasts for the month of August.

This month the theme is Anything Goes with the optional twist of 
Enjoy Nature.

Prizes this month include:
  • AU $10 store voucher from Beccy's Placeour guest sponsor for this month, for a person chosen in a random draw based on all qualifying entrants. 
  • ONE image (value of $5 or less) from Scribbles Designs, for the post or project that the team deems most inspiring of the bunch based on all qualifying entrants.
  • One digital image from Creative Bug Digital SnapShots for each person chosen as a DT Delight.

Our optional theme this month is 
Enjoy Nature.

So, this month we would like you to design a project that focuses on Enjoying Nature. 
Nature has so many aspects that you can explore.: animals, birds, sea life; hiking, walking, swimming, boating; skiing, snowboarding and other winter outdoor activities; gardening, outdoor photography ... the list is endless.
This month let the beauty of natural world be your inspiration.

I've used a beautiful Beccy's Place image from a set called BirdSong.
It's no secret that I love being outdoors, listening to the birds and watching their antics!


I created the background by smooshing white card into puddles of Distress Oxide Inks. I did this at the same time as I made another card using the silhouette stamp from the same set (you can see that one here). When the background was dry, I ran it through my printer to add the digital image. I printed a second image onto white card, so that I could colour the bird and fussy cut it, then I adhered it onto the original. 
I decided to add some silver glitter pen to the spider's web and to the grasses to add a little sparkle, as if it were morning dew.
I finished by adding black and white mats and popped the panel onto a blank card base. 

Many thanks to Beccy's Place, this month's guest sponsor,


and to Scribbles Designs as the ongoing sponsor of the challenge


We would love to see your creations! 
Just make sure that your entry is positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some way!

The link up is here: Challenge #93 Path of Positivity.

 

That's all for today! 

I'll be back with a another Path of Positivity project in a couple of weeks time.

Thanks for stopping by today!
xoxo
                                                                                                                                            
I'd like to play along in these challenges:
Alphabet Challenge J for Just One Word 25/08
A Perfect Time to Craft Aug AG 27/08
Classic Design Challenge Aug AG 27/08
Love to Craft AUG AG 30/08
Beccy's Place August Challenge AG 31/08 WINNER

I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 

xoxo

10 comments:

  1. Hi Carole this is a gorgeous card. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is gorgeous Carole! The background colours blend together beautifully and make a lovely contrast for the little bird. It was a great idea to fussy cut the second bird and add it over the top, it just gives a subtle dimension to the card. I really love the addition of the silver pen, it looks like a shimmering layer of dew. Beautiful!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carole, this is truly a masterpiece. I love that background and the bird as the focal point is so beautiful! What a great idea to print on the background after it is dry. I will have to try that.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did such a lovely job with this gorgeous project. Nice work.
    Thank you for sharing in our challenge at Classic Design Challenge we really appreciate you joining in.

    Annette DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. A stunning card,the bird and background colours are beautiful,thank you for joining in at the Alphabet Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a stunning card. It really appeals to me. Thanks for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a beautiful card! Love the silver over the web and plants; so effective!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE how you printed onto your background, the colours and colouring are gorgeous. I love the joy of birds too. Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies this week. Good Luck and I’m looking forward to seeing you again in our next challenge.
    Faith A DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.