Friday 20 August 2021

* Gecko Galz: More Mermaids


Hello!

This month at Gecko Galz the customer challenge theme is Merry Mermaids. The lucky winner will receive a $25 store voucher.

Here is my DT project:


I used paper from the Wood Work ATC set, digitally enlarging it to fit my card. The beautiful mermaid image is from Mermaid Kingdom collage set and the shells are from the Beach Life ATC collection.


The image was cut and distressed around the edges. It was mounted onto kraft card which was also distressed. The shells were fussy cut to use as a border along the edge of the topper. I added Diamond Stickles to the shells and also to the mermaid's tail. The sentiment is a Tim Holtz Small Talk sticker.


***
This was the 3D collage that I made for the beginning of August and if you are interested you can read about it and the products I used here.



That's all for now!
I hope you'll join our Merry Mermaids challenge where the winner will get a $25 shopping spree at the Gecko Galz shop.


The only rule is that you must use at least one Gecko Galz product 
(this can be one of the freebies or, of course, you can buy at the Etsy store!) 
Also if you sign up for the Gecko Galz newsletter, you'll be able to claim a free collage sheet each month and get first claim on the monthly $1 deals!

Please pop over to the Gecko Galz blog to see the fabulous designs by the very talented DT.

We also have a friendly Facebook Group where there are 4 monthly challenges, each with a collage sheet prize. 
Do come and join us!

I'll be back on the 1st September with more Gecko Galz projects.

Here's all the info you need:
Current Gecko Galz Challenge : "Merry Mermaids"
***
Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo

I'd like to play along in the following challenges:

Alphabet Challenge J for Just One Word 25/08
A Perfect Time to Craft Aug AG 27/08
Classic Design Challenge Aug AG 27/08
Use Your Stuff #429 Water/Beach 28/08
Moving Along with the Times #133 Summer Fun 29/08
Love to Craft #61 AG 30/08
Love to Scrap #148 Old School 30/08
Cafters Castle #44 AG 31/08
My Time to Craft #464 Mermaids 02/09 TOP 3
Scrapping4 Fun Challenges #199 More Than 2 Layers 02/09

I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 
***

15 comments:

  1. Hi Carole your cards are gorgeous. I love them both. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty mermaid card, Carole! I love the shells you added to the side. A beautiful detail.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are fantastic, I love the colors and especially the background that looks like the weathered wood. Thank you for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Carole!
    Love the colours and mermaid.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card, love all the detail and layers!
    Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges.
    Rachelle DT
    https://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com
    https://rachellescreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, your maritime-themed cards are so pretty and just perfect for this time of the year. I love your vintage mermaid, and the arrangement of shells. Great layering of different background papers, too. I haven't been to the seaside in two years, and I'm not sure whether I'll be able to see the big blue anytime soon, but it feels like a piece of the sea has been brought to me by your creation. Thanks for joining the Alphabet challenge.

    Hugs, Veronika

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for joining our challenge at Use Your Stuff. I really love the colors in your cards and the vintage looking images. Awesome layers. Thanks for playing along with our water/beach challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Carole - your 'one word' is just perfect for that image. Thanks for jooining us at The Alphabet Challenge. Deborah DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Carole,
    this is such a very gorgeous card and a very beautiful design too.
    I love that pretty image and the wonderful Sea Creatures all around it.
    Looks fab with the wood background as well.
    Thank you for joining the MAWTT Challenge.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh.....absolutely BEAUTIFUL and creative!!! I love it!!! So perfect for a Summer theme! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Crafter's Castle this month....good luck :)
    Hugs... Janie
    DT
    Crafter's Castle
    crafterscastle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Carole, I love your card, the wood planks for the background fit in fabulously. I love your seasgells and starfish embellishments. Terrific arrangements. Thanks for joining us at MTTC, we look forward to seeing you again. Stay safe. Caz. MTTC

    ReplyDelete
  12. I adore this! Thank you for playing with us at Love to Craft Challenge and we hope to see you again next time!
    XOXO, Aimeslee LTCCB DT
    http://paper-paisleys.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a beautiful card! Thanks for sharing your card at Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog! Hope to see you again soon!! HUGS!
    Ann DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.